Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lavender Lemonade

Lavender lemonade is one of those things you don't necessarily think about when you think of a delicious refreshing drink. In my mind, it sounded almost like "pickle juice" when I first heard it. And yet it was quite remarkable.
So were lavender cookies,


and lavender bread,



and even lavender chicken rub. No, I am not talking about a cooking challenge gone crazy, this was all a part of the Lavender Fair at El Rancho de Las Golondrinas: more intimate, less crowded then some of the other summer events, but nonetheless marvelous two days of everything Lavender related.




And I didn't even know I would enjoy it so much. Wonderful chances for pictures, of course, too.



Is he yawning? Or singing? Or Screaming? Venture a guess.

Oh, and this. Just couldn't resist. Got me one of those lavender kitties.



All in all, great weekend with a shade of purple. A few lavender projects in mind, a few bunches drying in my kitchen, making it look like there should be a wood stove there with a cauldron bubbling away on top of it, making it look cozy and peaceful. Or perhaps it's just stress relieving lavender qualities (er, did I mention there was a lecture on lavender medicinal uses?).
Hope you are having a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in, leave a note! I'd love hearing your thoughts